The Key to Tarl'geth
- The kingdom of Tarl’geth was founded by the paragon of dwarven society Tarl Stormhammer 4,000 years ago when Tarl vanquished an ancient beast that had plagued the land for thousands of years before.
- He sealed the weapon he had created to defeat the beast within a hidden vault that can only be opened by one of his bloodline. Tarl broke the key into 4 pieces and handed them to his 4 most trusted companions, Garn Stonefist, Khazar Ironhelm, Faran Hearthfire, and Banan Steelheart.
- With these they set out and set the 4 pillars of the kingdom with Stormage in the middle. To the east was Stonehaven, to the south Hearthhold, to the west Ironkeep, and to the north the mighty City of Steel.
- The Stormhammer clan mysteriously disappeared 100 years ago, the clan was small only a single family by then and one night they were gone. Investigations led nowhere so magic was blamed.
- The second most powerful clan in Stormage took control after that, the Goldbeards. The current ruler is Kianna Goldbeard after her father was supposedly slain by her older brother Gian.
- Religion- Being a dwarven kingdom most of the citizens worship Moridan, however a strange cult has started to be spread in the kingdom.
- Culture – the same as most dwarven societies, they an extremely wealthy society that has had access to very rare metals inside their mountain.
*—Magic is not outlawed completely but much magic is forbidden in cities after the disappearance of the Stormhammer clan. Kingdom trade is made with southern human settlements via the hearthfire clan. There is a council that can overturn decisions of the ruler. Or remove them from power if needed.